Whew! It’s been a busy week and there are lots of things that have been happening behind the scenes here at The Craft Penguin!
Making things easier…
- One of the things I worked on last weekend was creating a page on my Storenvy shop showing all of the yarn colors I have available for custom color requests/orders. I think this will make it simpler for everyone to tell me what they want since they can see the colors I have first! I spent hours Saturday going through and organizing images for all the colors I have (and believe it or not I still forgot a few- ugh!) to make it easier on everyone. I’m quite pleased with the results! So, if you decide you want an amigurumi or any of our crochet items in a custom color, see the left side of our shop and find the Custom Color Options link (shown below)!
After last weekend, I have been hard at work crocheting!
- As I’ve mentioned before, I sometimes put items up on a few Facebook auction groups. And I sold out of several of my ready to ship amigurumi animals by doing this last week. So, now I need to desperately restock! But, no worries because you can always get them made in custom colors if I don’t have any ready (but see note a little further down). 😉
- In addition to the auction, a lady messaged me Sunday evening about my Crochet Solar System and asked if I could add the dwarf planets to the set. So, I designed a few more pieces and worked on this set this week.
- And the next day after receiving one solar system order, I got another one! Eeek! So, my hands have been busy crocheting, since this is only a made to order item! I’m not quite finished yet, but I’m getting close!
- As if that weren’t enough for 1 week, the custom requests/custom color amigurumi orders keep coming! (YAY! I’m not at all complaining!) And I can’t even believe I’m saying this… we are under a HEAVY custom order load! This would be the FIRST time in our nearly 2 years that I feel the need to post an expected delay in getting orders out. This delay unfortunately includes custom color amigurumis, amigurumis needing eyes stitched on, or made to order items. At this point, it could take up to 2 weeks for me to get started on your order. But please know and understand that I am working as hard as I can to get orders out as quickly as possible! I truly apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The good news is that ready to ship items will not be affected. I will still get those out pretty much same/next day. 🙂
So, I will work on getting shop items restocked as soon as I can! But first, orders, orders, orders! 🙂
New on the Blog:
- You may have noticed that my blog has some new links along the right hand side for our Handmade Friends! We added those in last weekend as well! Zei, over at Pelhuaz, decided to do this with her blog, which reminded me of this idea. I wanted to do this when I first started my blog, but getting used to WordPress took a little time. And I of course have gotten busy and forgot to go back and add it in once I familiarized myself with WordPress. So, thanks Zei for the reminder! 🙂
- On Monday, I started a new blog series called Handmade Mondays. What it is going to be is my opinions/reviews of products I have bought from other handmade shops, whether through Storenvy, Etsy, etc. They won’t necessarily occur every Monday, but when I get new products I will be sure to share! This is another way for me to show my support for other makers and spread the word about their creations. I’m not being compensated in any way to say what I am, so just know that they are my honest feelings about the products! And it will be a great way for you to discover products and shops you may not have come across otherwise! You can see what I’m talking about by reading Monday’s post!
- If you have not been paying attention on our Facebook page, or don’t receive our emails, you have probably missed one of our biggest announcements in the past few weeks- Our 2 Year Envyversary Celebration! It’s coming up July 31! It’s certainly something you’ll want to be a part of! And you don’t even need to be a fan of our page to participate in any of it! Make sure you get the latest info by joining the event on Facebook. Also on the event page, you’ll find a poll where you can vote on which item we will be giving away in our Envyversary Giveaway! Head on over to the event page here to join in! Hope to see you there!!
Are you excited about our Envyversary? Are you planning on participating? Tell us in the comments!!
I know there was something else I planned on mentioning, but I totally can’t think of it at the moment. I think it’s because this was a TON of info already!! I’m sure I will think of it when things settle down a little bit. 😉
Tell us what you think of all of the changes in the comments!